facebook

JUST IN: Ice Seguerra Quits as National Youth Commissioner Chair

Photo credits to owner Manila, Philippines - Palace confirms today, March 13 that Singer - Actor Ice Seguerra has resigned as the chairp...

Photo credits to owner
Manila, Philippines - Palace confirms today, March 13 that Singer - Actor Ice Seguerra has resigned as the chairperson of the National Youth Commissioner Chair. 

It was confirmed by Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque that Seguerra has filed his Resignation Letter to the Office of the Executive Secretary. 

"What I do know is that the Office of Executive Secretary has received the resignation of NUC chairperson Aiza Seguerra,” he said.

Roque did not elaborate the reason of his resignation. 

But on his facebook post, Seguerra stated that she wants to personally tell to the President the real reason why he resigned. 

He said he wanted to personally explain his reasons directly to the President, “knowing how social media can exaggerate or twist the truth.”

"He was very understanding and supportive of my decision. Para siyang tatay. Nakinig, inintindi at pinalakas ang loob ko. I told him how much I valued his trust and how this experience made me appreciate public service and our public servants," Seguerra said in a Facebook post. 

"Thank you for believing in me and for making my chairmanship, as short as it may have been, one of the most unforgettable experiences of my life."

Seguerra was appointed NYC chairperson in August 2016. He was supposed to serve until 2019.

Here's Seguerra's full statement on his facebook. 



I met with our dear President last March 5th to tender my resignation as NYC Chairperson. I coordinated with his office because I wanted to personally tell him my reason. Knowing how social media can exaggerate or twist the truth, I wanted to make sure that he's going to hear it from me. He was very understanding and supportive of my decision. Para siyang tatay. Nakinig, inintindi at pinalakas ang loob ko. I told him how much I valued his trust and how this experience made me appreciate public service and our public servants.

Sa pagkakataong ito, gusto ko magpasalamat sa inyong lahat. Sa mga kasamahan ko sa komisyon, sa OCS, at sa lahat ng mga ahensiyang nakatrabaho ko for the past year and half. Thank you for believing in me and for making my chairmanship, as short as it may have been, one of the most unforgettable experiences of my life.

Sa kabataang Pilipino, napakarami kong natutunan sa inyo. Kayo ang puso ng lipunan and you must be heard. In this very divisive society, I hope you will lead the country in finding commonalities that will bring us all together. Be kind, always.

Maraming salamat po sa inyong lahat.

Among Seguerra's advocacies were lowering the number of teenage pregnancies and HIV cases among the youth.


The NYC head was also opposed to the postponement of the Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) elections.

"We do not want to send the wrong signals to the youth. Ayaw namin na ang kabataan ay mawalan ng gana sa paglahok sa SK elections (We don't want the youth to lose interest in participating in the SK elections). The youth deserves to choose leaders from among themselves," Seguerra said in a statement on Monday.


Source: InquirerCNN Philippines

Related

Daily updates 7318115638067151032

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Popular Posts

Hot in week

item